In order to be considered for the scholarship, the applicant must provide evidence of the following by submitting pertinent copies of personal records to the scholarship committee chair or designee.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Be a person with hemophilia
- Be a New Mexico resident
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Provide a valid social security number
- Provide proof of application for student aid (FASFA)
- Demonstrate financial need, as evidenced by the FASFA form
- Provide evidence of application to two additional sources of financial aid assistance
- Provide a copy of a high school diploma or GED
- Provide evidence of enrollment or acceptance for enrollment as a regular student working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program
- Submit completed scholarship application form to Sangre de Oro, Inc.
- Submit a letter of reference from someone, other than a family member, who knows you
- Have a personal interview by the scholarship committee or chairpersonMust meet deadline for semester of request
Scholarship Renewal Requirements
Provide evidence of satisfactory academic progress by maintaining a minimum 2.5 GPA out of a possible 4.0 to be considered for scholarship renewal. Official transcript showing final, current grades must be submitted when requesting a renewal of this scholarship. If your GPA falls below a 2.5, you can reapply the following semes- ter!
Fall semester deadline: August 1st
Spring semester deadline: December 1st